Instructors & Interns - Liability
|Premium Cost Per Individual
|Premium Cost Per Student
*Member only rates. Premium cost includes $15 RPG Fee. NRPA receives $5 of the RPG fee noted above in the rate table
Apply and Pay Online or Download the Application
- Professional and Non-professional Recreation and Park Department Employees.
- Volunteer Recreation, Park and Playground workers.
- College Students majoring in the field of recreation.
- Individual Members of the NRPA.
$1,000,000 per occurrence or $500,000 per occurrence as selected.
This policy will be issued on an occurrence basis, including the following significant provisions:
- Policy limit includes defense outside the policy limit, investigative and all other related costs.
- Policy limit is a per occurrence limit.
- Sponsoring organization is not an additional named insured.
- Actual or alleged negligence by the insured recreation employee or commissioner while acting with the scope of their duties granted to them by the sponsoring organization:
- Work at Recreation Centers and Playgrounds, Parks, Swimming Pools, Ice and Roller Rinks, Day Camps, Team Sports Arenas and Stadiums, Golf Courses, Zoos, Organized Trips and Tours.
- Personal & Advertising liability
- Participant legal liability
- Professional Liability
- Invasion of privacy, wrongful eviction, or wrongful entry.
- Cost of investigation and defense against claims, even if they are groundless
- Employment related practices.
- Fungi or bacteria
- Haunted attractions
- Medical, therapy or health care services
- Nuclear Energy Liability
- Physicals/Stress Testing or Therapy
- Massage or Salon Services
- Cryogenic Chambers/Therapy
- Coaches (exempt or non-exempt) acting on behalf of a college, school or any other organized competitive athletic team
- Self-employment, volunteer activities outside scope of defined "business pursuits," conducting of tours abroad, ownership of summer camps and/or overnight camps or similar activities, work at overnight camps and/or similar activities.
- Certified athletic trainers
- Amusement devices (eg: rides, slides, inflatables, bungees, climbing walls, dunk tanks)
- Instruction in the following activities: canoeing, cycling, diving, equestrian, gymnastics, kayaking, wrestling, boxing, motorsports, martial arts, paintball, rowing, rope training, mountain climbing, (including indoor and outdoor manmade practice areas), scuba diving, surfing, rodeo, skiing, snowboarding.
- Abuse, molestation, harassment or sexual abuse.
- Training programs for law enforcement, public safety and military personnel
- Operation or management of a commercial sports, fitness, or dance facility
- Instruction held on or in open water (e.g.: lakes, ponds, oceans)
- Rope training
- Mountain climbing (including indoor & outdoor man made practice areas)
- Sale or distribution of herbal, medicinal and/or nutritional products
Commercial General Liability Insurance policy is provided by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company.
Please Note: This brochure is a brief description of the important features of the insurance plan. It is not a contract of insurance. The descriptions contained here are not a complete description of all terms, conditions, and exclusions in the coverage. Please refer to your Liability insurance Policy and Accident Insurance Plan Description of Coverage for complete information. Please keep this information as a reference.